Skip to main content
Skip to main content.


Tehama Superior Court’s Online Calendar Portal is temporarily unavailable until further notice


Juvenile Courts

The Juvenile Courts of Tehama Superior Court handle cases involving juvenile dependency, juvenile delinquency and juvenile traffic.

Court employees are available to assist you, but are prohibited by law from giving legal advice. Only persons with a legal right to do so may receive information regarding juvenile cases, such as the juvenile's mother, father or legal guardian. Information regarding juvenile matters is confidential and cannot be given over the phone.

Juvenile Delinquency Schedule

Juvenile Delinquency cases that are set for Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. are heard at:

The Juvenile Justice Center
1790 Walnut Street
Red Bluff, CA 96080

Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Intercounty transfers are set as follows:

Juvenile Justice Center
Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m.

Tehama County Superior, Department 5
Tuesdays at 1:00 p.m.

Related Links

Welfare and Child Protective Services 

California Courts - Juvenile Court Information

Frequently Asked Questions

These cases involve children who have committed law violations that, if committed by an adult, would be considered crimes. Following the arrest of a juvenile offender, a law enforcement officer has the discretion to release the juvenile to his or her parents, or take the offender to juvenile hall. Further placement and responsibility for that child is given to the Probation Department.

Yes. No case will be heard unless the parent or legal guardian is present in court with the minor.

Contact the Probation Department (530) 527-5380. For a small fee, they will prepare all the paperwork for you.

Yes. Your child has a right to an attorney. If you cannot afford to hire an attorney for your child, the Court will appoint an attorney to represent him or her.

In both dependency and delinquency cases, parents have a right to an attorney. If you cannot afford to hire an attorney, upon request, the Court will appoint an attorney to represent you. Please note, if your child has an attorney, the attorney represents your child and not you.

You may be held responsible for various fees, including you or your child’s attorney fees; probation department services fees and placement costs for keeping your child in a state placement such as the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, Division of Juvenile Justice, Juvenile Hall, or an out-of-home placement.

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.