Skip to main content
Skip to main content.


Tehama Superior Court’s Online Calendar Portal is temporarily unavailable until further notice


Criminal Division

Tehama Superior Court conducts criminal hearings in Red Bluff.
See Courthouse Directions for more information.

For more general information about Criminal Court, see California Courts Online Self-Help Center: Criminal Law.

Frequently Asked Questions

Court appearances are mandatory on criminal misdemeanor and felony cases. You must appear at the Court on the date and time as directed on your release paper or arraignment letter. Failure to appear may result in a warrant for your arrest.

On your court date, check the posted court calendar for your name and courtroom. If your name is on the calendar, go directly to the courtroom. If not, report to the Clerk’s Office. Be prepared to provide identification and information on the arrest or alleged offense, including jail release paperwork, notice to appear, bail or bond receipts, or arraignment letter.

All fines are due by the date the judge specifies in court. Your paperwork will reflect the amount owed and the due date. A warrant for your arrest may be issued if you do not pay the ordered fine by the due date.

We currently accept credit cards, cash, personal checks, money orders, Western Union and Money Grams. Payment can also be done through a work program referral by the Court.

  • The Court only accepts U.S. Funds.
  • You must have your Docket Number to access your account. The number is located on the Courtesy Notice.

Payment methods:

  • Pay in person at the Court.
  • Send a check payable to TCSC and include the docket number on the check. Please do not mail cash.
  • If you are requesting a work program, you must make arrangements to appear in Court.

If you fail to appear in Court or pay a fine as promised/ordered, the Court will order and issue a warrant for your arrest. Further, you may be punished by jail and/or a fine, regardless of the disposition of the original charge. In an effort to facilitate the effective collection of fines, fees and assessments ordered or authorized by the Court, your case may be referred to a collection agency. Section 1214.1 (a) of the Penal Code states, "In addition to any other penalty in infraction, misdemeanor, or felony cases, the Court may impose a civil assessment of up to three hundred dollars ($100)."

For information about assistance available to victim’s and victim’s restitution, please call the District Attorney’s Office at: 530-527-4296.

You may request Court-Appointed Counsel from the Judge at your first appearance in court. The judge will require that you fill out a financial declaration and determine if you qualify. At the end of your case a hearing will be held to see if you must reimburse the court for some or all of the cost of the Court-Appointed Counsel fees.

No, you may be charged with a misdemeanor if you attempt to speak or motion to anyone in custody.

Contact the Tehama County Sheriffs Department, (530) 529-7900, 502 Oak Street, Red Bluff, or visit their website at:

The court clerks maintain an index of filings and a record of dispositions. Court staff cannot look up any criminal records over the telephone. To get information about, or copies of documents from a criminal case, you can write to or visit the clerks office where your case was heard. If you make your request in writing, be sure to include:

  • A check made out to "Tehama County Superior Court” in the appropriate amount as stated on the Statewide Civil Fee Schedule (effective January 1, 2016). For a certified copy of the document, you will need to pay an extra $40.00 fee plus $0.50 per copy per page (two-sided pages count as two pages).
  • A stamped envelope that the clerk can use to return the documents.
    (The envelope must be addressed to you.)
  • The defendant's name
  • The defendant’s date of birth (if known)
  • The name of the documents you want copied

A criminal case begins when a person is arrested, and charges are filed through the District Attorney or by an agency such as Tehama County Sheriff’s Department, Red Bluff Police Department, or Corning Police Department. In all criminal cases, the defendant (person accused of a crime) is presumed to be innocent. That means he or she may not be convicted of a crime unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

An infraction is an offense punishable by a fine only and which the law does not declare to be a misdemeanor or felony. A person charged with an infraction is not entitled to a trial by jury, and is not entitled to be represented by Court-appointed counsel.

A misdemeanor is a crime punishable by: imprisonment in the county jail, a fine or both. If you are charged with a misdemeanor, you have a right to a trial by jury or by Court and to be represented by an attorney at all proceedings.

A felony is a crime punishable with death or by imprisonment in state prison. A defendant charged with a felony has a right to trial by jury or by Court, and has a right to be represented by an attorney at all proceedings.

The arraignment consists of reading the complaint or citation to the defendant and asking him/her whether he/she pleads guilty or not guilty.

A preliminary hearing is a hearing to determine if there is enough evidence to proceed with the case.

The purpose of the pretrial conference is to discuss the possibility of disposing of the case prior to trial or to discuss measures to facilitate the expeditious handling of the trial.

A person charged with a misdemeanor or felony is entitled to a jury trial. A trial by court (judge only) is held for those that are charged with infractions or those defendants who waive their right to a jury trial.

Bail allows a defendant to be released from custody upon the posting of a bond, cash deposit, or other security deemed necessary to guarantee the defendant’s appearance in court.

You can petition the court to dismiss (or expunge) some conviction offenses. If the court grants your petition the charges shall be dismissed. In most instances, you shall be released from all penalties and disabilities resulting from the offense(s) of which you were convicted.

Important: Some convictions are NOT eligible for dismissal.

For more information about how to clean up your criminal record, please go to the California Courts Website.

A certificate of rehabilitation is a court order declaring that you have been rehabilitated after a California state criminal conviction. It also recommends that the governor grant you a full pardon. If you are granted a certificate of rehabilitation, the court will send certified copies to the governor. This will serve as an application for a pardon by the governor. A pardon by the governor gives you all the civil and political rights of citizenship, including the right to vote, and, in some cases, the right to own and keep a legal firearm. A certificate of rehabilitation and Governor's pardon is only available to California residents. You may obtain the forms by clicking the hyperlink below.

Petition for Certificate of Rehabilitation and Pardon

Notice of Filling of Petition for Certificate of Rehabilitation Pardon

Certificate of Rehabilitation

Further information and publications are available at the California Courts Self-Help Center.

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.